Apprenticeship Programs, Electrical Training and Education
- State- and federally-approved Commercial and Residential Electrical and VDV Apprenticeship
Programs with continuously-updated, NEC-current curriculum
- Apprentice dispatch available to anywhere in California, based on apprentice availability.
- Safety Training: Apprentices obtain OSHA 10, OSHA 30 and CPR certifi cations
- Electrician Trainee (ET) Program with basic to advanced level classes, largely delivered online over
live, instructor-led webcast, leading to ET Certifi cate; State Certifi cation Exam prep classes
- Journeyman Continuing Education (CE) program with courses available in online, classroom, or
computer-based home study formats
Support on Public and Prevailing Wage Projects
- Assistance on wage calculations and certified payroll
- Consultation on forms and documentation related to public works and prevailing wage projects
- Guidance on responding to labor compliance and/or organizing activity on the jobsite
- Construction Trades Compliance Program to report unsafe and out-of-compliance contractors
Legal and HR Assistance
- Free, monthly, 15-minute consultation call with WECA Industry Partner Cook Brown, LLP
- 10% Discount on Cook Brown, LLP billings if legal assistance is required beyond free consultation
- Free CalChamber HR Express Account
- Journeyman and Electrician Trainee Referral Service with ability to peruse resumes from qualified
- Western Electrical Contractors Education Foundation Donation and Sponsorship Opportunitiesdonate
your equipment to our labs as a tax write-off ; sponsor graduations and other events
- Interact at membership meetings, Board of Directors installation dinners, Apprenticeship graduation
Government Affairs and National Industry Representation
- Dedicated representation at the national, state, and local
levels from WECA Government Affairs Director Richard
Markuson, focused on merit shop issues, particularly those
that affect your ability to compete in California’s tough
- Webinar events with direct access to WECA’s Government
Affairs Director, at which you can submit politcal questions,
discuss your concerns, and make your voice heard
- Proactive defense strategies and public efforts against
Project Labor Agreements
- Promotion and support of fair and open competition
legislation and policy
- Free copy of WECA’s annually-updated eBook of California
Business Laws for Electrical Contractors
- Learn more about WECA's Government Affairs and Advocacy efforts
Industry Updates, News, Public Relations and Communications
- Subscriptions to WECA eBulletin and Political Advocacy newsletters, with regular news briefs on
industry news, union activity, political updates, training opportunities, and more
- WECA publicizes your successes, on the jobsite and in the community, with articles in our
communications, and press releases. Plus you can opt-in to pitch articles to major news outlets in
conjunction with WECA.
- Self-service site with online hours submissions, report downloads, course enrollments, and more
Discounts and Promotions
Ready to belong? Call 1-877-444-9322, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership Categories and
memberships are available to companies that have a current and valid C-10 or C-7
license on file with the California Contractors State License Board and are
engaged in the business of electrical construction, maintenance or repair. Monthly dues start at $89 per month and are
based on annual sales volume and field employee count. To join, fill-out and submit the membership application (both pages), the dues matrix form (both pages), and the online directory and sign listing release form along with payment for your first month's dues.
Join now! Click here to download a membership application >>
Click here to view WECA's Membership Dues Matrix >>
Click here to view the Online Directory and Sign Listing Release Form >>
Industry Partner Memberships
Industry Partners are WECA members who are not electrical contractors, but whose products and services are aligned or allied with the electrical contracting industry. The cost of membership for Industry Partners is $825 per year and includes a number of valuable promotional benefits.
Learn More about Industry Partnership
Download a brochure
Ready to talk about Industry
Partnership with WECA?
Call 1-877-444-9322, or email us at email@example.com.
Effective July 1, 2009, the WECA Board of Directors adopted the following policy for electrical contractors that wish to train apprentices but not join WECA as a Contractor Member. This apprentice-training affiliation is called a Subscriber Agreement and is available to CA licensed C-10 or C-7 electrical contractors that would like to obtain apprentices from WECA for training and/or meeting labor compliance wage/hiring requirements but do not wish to join an association to do so.
For information on how to become a subscriber, contact Bob Bartlett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DSL Video (38 MB) Please be patient, this file may take
up to 3 minutes to download.
- Super High Speed Video (55 MB) Please be patient, this
file may take up to 3 minutes to download.
- Dial-Up Video (3 MB) Please be patient, this file may take
up to 6 minutes to download.